There are many preferences when it comes to facial hair, with some loving their long beard and sideburns, while others prefer a clean shaven look. Regardless of your inclination, there will likely be a point in your life where you need to remove some of that unwanted hair on your face. It’s no secret that unwanted facial hair is the most frustrating type of undesirable hair, but luckily there are many options available today to remove it.
Chin hair on men can mean a goatee, a full beard, or just a bit of scruff. For women, it ranges from that one irritating whisker that reappears every so often, all the way to a full beard in some unfortunate cases. Either way, or regardless of preference, shaving and waxing chin hair can be daunting and tiresome.
This can be an extension of a beard or just a type of hair that grows on its own. On men more commonly than on women, cheek hair can grow up as high as their cheek bones.
Facial hair on the upper lip, also known as a moustache, can be a source of self-consciousness for women. It may grow in as light and downy blonde hairs, or can be as thick as a moustache. Some men prefer to have a moustache, while others shave it away with a razor.
Sideburns can also be called “chops”, and they tend to be an extension of the hair on your head that grows down over the cheeks. Sideburns can be attractive on men, but not usually so on women.
Unwanted Hair Removal Methods
Both men and women normally shave or wax these common areas of hair growth on the face, but there are some other alternative methods to remove the hair. We have listed them below:
- Tweezers: a forceps-style tool that grabs the hair at the root and pulls it out with force. Although it can be an easy method for hair removal, it is not lasting: the hair usually grows back within a week.
- Wax: kits for waxing can be purchased at a drug store, or the job can be performed in a spa setting. It’s a great tool for large area hair removal, and it is quick and easy – however, it can be painful. The wax, in the form of a strip or liquid, is spread over the area that contains the hair to be removed, and a cloth strip is used to pull the wax and the hair from the skin. It is important to exercise caution with wax kits – especially hot wax – as it can burn the skin, or even remove skin if it isn’t used properly.
- Threading: this is an ancient method of hair removal that uses a long piece of thread to pull out the hair. The method involves doubling up the thread and twisting it over the area of hair, which pulls it from the follicle. Although faster than tweezing, threading isn’t the most long-lasting method of removing hair.
- Laser: laser hair removal uses a high pulse light beam that targets the melanin in the hair follicle, destroying the follicle and preventing further hair growth
- Cream hair removal: cream hair removal uses a chemical reaction to dissolve the hair from the follicle, which allows the hair to be easily wiped off.
- Shaving: the most conventional method of hair removal, which involves the sharp blade of the razor severing the hair at the root. Unpleasant side effects include razor burn and stubble, and shaving is only a short-term fix.
Safe Laser Hair Removal at CWC Medspa
At CWC Medspa we use the LYRA Hair Removal system, which is one of the most effective laser hair removal systems that can treat the widest range of skin tones and colors. In the LYRA system, the laser beam gets absorbed in the hair follicle under the skin surface, which destroys the follicle.
The LYRA system is fast and effective, as it can treat large areas at once and is big enough to affect a large number of hairs simultaneously. It can be used not only for the face, but also successfully removes unwanted hair on your legs, arms, bikini line, back, chest, and abdomen.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you achieve the smooth and hair free look you’ve always been dreaming of!